5 Steps to Making Your Blog Stand Out

5 Steps to  Making  Your Blog  Stand Out


1]  Memorable / Recognizable Logo 
One of the first things you notice when you get to the Vuthyseo blog is the big caricature of yours truly in the top left corner. Not only is it a character of me, but it’s also well branded with a dollar sign on the shirt, money in the hand and most importantly a crown, referring to my parent company “MoneyReign”. Since going live with the ZJ site, there is no doubt that the Zac Johnson toon is now a well branded symbol in the affiliate space, and has greatly contributed to the overall success of the site.

2]  A Unique Header Design 
While the top of the blog may seem to look busy and have a lot going on, it surely beats the dead white space of a basic wordpress theme. Within the header space of my blog, I’m able to get my branding and name across, while offering full site navigation, RSS subscriber information and even some high profile advertising spots.

3]  Featured and Most Popular Blog Posts 
With over 650 total individual blog posts written thus far on Vuthyseo.blogspot.com, how are my new readers supposed to find the best posts I’ve published. In the “Best of Zac” section near the header, you will see five of my most popular blog posts rotating on the site. It’s important to highlight your best blog posts and grab the attention of your new readers before they decide to move on.

4]  Custom Footer and Author Bio 
It’s not the most important feature on the site, but it sure is a nice closing. At the bottom of most blogs you will find a simple sitemap or copyright message. Take advantage of the footer on your blog and create something interesting… it’s probably your last shot at grabbing the user’s attention before they click off to somewhere else. In my footer I simply added an author bio, site map, partner sites and a short list of recommended affiliate networks. I also remind user one more time with the Vuthyseo.blogspot.com logo to keep that branding issue in the back of their minds.

5]  Plugins, Sidebars and More 
Throughout the blog I also take advantage of some great wordpress plugins that help my social media exposure, additional advertising spots on my side bar and further navigation options to roam around the site. It’s important to add a lot of creativity to your blog, while offering enough options to keep your users interested, but not overwhelmed.

Post a Comment

[blogger]

MKRdezign

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.
Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget